Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thanksgiving!

This year Eric and I decided to stay in Portland.  Flight prices were outrageous and it would have been a rushed trip.  This was our first thanksgiving away from our families.

The cooking started on Tuesday when I made cornbread.  On Wednesday I made pies and mashed potatoes.  Thursday was everything else.

One very important dish was the stuffing.  Eric insisted on taking pictures.


We buttered up the turkey...


Eric was very proud of the turkey.


It went in the oven, and an hour and a half later it came out like this.  It was good, but could have been better.  It was my first attempt at turkey... I'll get better.


I made 2 pies.  I'm still not quite used to the oven.  They were a little over cooked, but still tasty.


The final product.  We had a bit of everything.  It was a yummy meal of turkey, stuffing, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, gravy and two pies.  We had a lot of yummy leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment