Monday, December 20, 2010

Eric's Trip Back Home

I was a little homesick, so I arranged a trip home on a long weekend. I was back in AZ last weekend to visit my my parents. I got to visit with Mirav's family and my sister and Logan. I was supposed to be flying out at 8:05 Friday night. 

As you can see, Southwest flight 1408 was not on time. After spending 5 hours in the airport, we ended up taking off at 11:35. My mom was nice enough to pick me at 3 in the morning. 

We were quite literally, the only people in the airport. I'm not sure what I expected at 3 in the morning.

The next day was designated as annual cookie day. We were feeling lazy so we let Logan make the cookies. We only made three kinds this year. I brought some chocolate crinkles home for Mirav and they were gone in two days.

Sunday, I met Mirav's family at Tempe marketplace for lunch. They have a huge tree in the middle of the mall. The tallness was overcompensating for the extreme fakeness. I walked around outside a bit because it was so warm and dry. High of 80+ all three days I was there.

Sunday night, My parents and I met Amanda and Logan for dinner at Chevy's. We caught the tail end of a really cool Arizona sunset. I haven't seen a good sunset in a while. When the sun does come out in Portland, it goes back down by 4pm.

Jet was feeling feisty and it soon turned into an epic cat fight. It was hard to tell which was which when they went at it. 

After the war of the black cats, Jet retreated to the high ground atop the Christmas tree. From there he plotted his revenge, and played with some ornaments, but mostly plotted. 

 
Monday was a more laid back day. My dad and I watched a marathon of American Pickers; surprisingly interesting show. My mom was stuck at work reassuring reporters that all was still well at the school district despite some burned up football gear. My plane was late, again. So I had an extra hour to grab some dinner with my parents once my mom finally got away. It was a nice trip home. I love it here in Portland, but I do miss AZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment