Friday, November 26, 2010

Hawaii - Monday

Mirav and I had enough of the hotel. So we took a drive up north and found a hike to go on. It's called swinging bridges. It follows a stream that comes down from the volcano. It was about 3 miles round trip. Pretty flat. You have to cross the stream in four places. The first two have bridges, crazy bridges. The second two, you have to brave them alone. 

I started the day with a nutritious meal of Spam, eggs and rice...from McDonald's. They actually have this on their menu. The eggs were as bad as they appear to be in this picture. 

Mirav decided to cross the bonus stream at the beginning rather than stepping across the two foot gap at the top. She was feeling dangerous. 

Mirav crossing the first bridge. It was a little rickety and about 100 feet long. 

Mirav crossing the second bridge. This one was a bit higher. Mirav took video as she walked across, but decided to turn the video camera sideways to get a better angle. So it didn't make the video. 

Crossing the first stream. I lost one of my Crocs cliff jumping the day before, so I had to wear sneakers hiking. I took them off and crossed barefoot to keep them from getting wet. Not enjoyable. The rocks were mean to me. Shortly after this picture was taken, the stream stole my sunglasses.

This is the stream we had to cross. The water was a bit cold. 

This is the waterfall at the end. Some people from Washington struck up a conversation with us so we asked them to take a picture.

This is me swimming in the pool. When Mirav dove in, she popped up and said AHH!, it's cold! It was pretty cold. I had to swim around with the camera for a while to get some video. A journalist's work is never done. 

Jungle Mirav. She kept making Lost references. 

Me crossing back over the second bridge. 

You could just barely see the ocean through the trees on the way back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment