Thursday, November 25, 2010

Hawaii - Saturday

Saturday was a big day. We had a snorkel trip in the morning and the wedding in the afternoon. 

The harbor we sailed out of was very windy

Mirav says it's windy

On the boat, ready to go. 

This is Molokini Crater, our first stop. It's a tiny island a couple miles off the coast of Maui. Only part of it sticks up out of the water. On the side we snorkeled on it was only about 30 feet deep. The guide said the other side was 300ft straight down.

Mirav and Jill right after we jumped in. The water was a little chilly, but so clear. 

Fish! There was a bunch of fish and coral, nothing really cool. You aren't allowed to touch anything because it's a marine life sanctuary. The fish swim right up in your face. One lady started screaming when a bunch of little fish surrounded her. 

Me and Mirav underwater. This was taken shortly before I swallowed a couple gallons of sea water and got really sick. I spent the rest of the trip throwing up. 

 Me and Avi

This is the backside of the crater.

On the way to our second stop. The water was so blue.

Our second stop was Turtle Town. There was turtles everywhere. They sleep in the caves in the coral and come up for air a couple times an hour. Mirav took over the camera at Turtle Town. I was not feeling well.

You can't touch the turtles. Which was hard sometimes because they swim right at you. 

They said some of the turtles were 80 years old!

Ocean

Everyone was very tired

Grandpa and Bernice relaxing

Avi and Jill

 Jill jumped in the picture I was taking of the boat after we got off. Here you go Jill.

After our big snorkel adventure, we went back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding. This is the beach they got married on. I was in charge of taking video of the wedding, so I don't have any pictures.

Sunset on the beach

The reception was up the road at a very nice restaurant. The views at this resort were pretty awesome. View of the ocean from the reception location

View of the mountains from the reception

No comments:

Post a Comment