Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hiking

It's been cold and rainy here for a few months, so we haven't been able to get outside to do anything fun. I figured it would be nice enough by now to schedule a hike. I was wrong. It rained hard all week and it was raining for most of the hike. This hike was in silver creek, which is about 60 miles south of Portland. Since Mirav is back in Phoenix for a while, I went with Steve from work and his brother in law Dan.

The first thing on the hike is this giant waterfall. The trail goes around behind it. Standing behind it is like being in the shower fully clothed with the water turned to ice cold.

The rain sucked, but the waterfalls were flowing because of all the new rain.

 

The path follows this river. The scenery was very nice.

An elusive photo of myself. I stopped to snap this one to prove I actually went on this hike



Me standing next to a giant waterfall

My new boots. I sloshed through water and mud for 4 miles and they never even got wet. 

It's been a while since I've been hiking. This wasn't a particularly difficult hike, but it was long enough to hurt someone who is out of shape like me. By the end of the hike my feet hurt. I have some blisters and my knee is all messed up. 



We stopped by a reservoir on the drive home to check it out. We made some plans to come back here to go fishing next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment