Saturday, March 19, 2011

Eric's Parents Visit Part 2

I finally got the pictures my dad took on their trip up to Portland and found the time to post them. 

Mom, Mirav and I getting ready for our brewery tour at Hopworks. This was a fun tour

Me and Mirav at Voodoo Donuts waiting in line for the best donuts in the whole world

While we were waiting in line we saw a Wedding!! It was pretty crazy. People pay to have their weddings at Voodoo. I think these people were from Wisconsin. They came all the way out just to have a wedding at Voodoo Donuts. They sell special wedding packages. You get a big plate of donuts instead of a cake. It was very fun to see. We considered having our wedding her, but we decided it was too fancy for us. 

Me and Dad eating maple bacon bars. Exactly what it sounds like. Maple bar with bacon on top. Delicious. 

For dinner we went to Kennedy School. It's an old elementary school that a local company bought and turned into a hotel/bar. The cafeteria is a restaurant, gym is a movie theater and all of the old classrooms are hotel rooms. They even left the chalkboards up in the hotel rooms. It was so cool. This case we're looking at is old memorabilia from the school. 

Last stop, Whiffies Fried pies. My parents wanted to go after I made a blog post about Mirav and I going. They have a little cartoon drawing of two pies giving each other a high five and the caption says "Pie Five." So my parents posed giving a Pie Five. 

No comments:

Post a Comment