Mirav, Emily decided Friday was a sushi night. After some research we decided on Meiji En in southeast Portland. It's about 2 miles north of our place. We had two unsuccessful sushi attempts so far in Portland, so we were hoping this wouldn't be a bust.
It was kind of a dumpy place. Mirav said it looked authentic.I thought it just looked tacky. There was a small replica of a Japanese garden with tiny plastic toy farm animals in it that I thought was especially tacky.
There was also giant ugly fish in the fish tank. Luckily, this is not what we ate.
They brought out the volcano roll and the plate was on fire!! This one was scallops and I did not really care for it. Emily got to eat all of this one.
This is Mirav's Hawaiian roll. It was good except for the mango, which does not belong in sushi. The rest of the sushi was very good. The salmon was awesome! We will be going back to this place.
No comments:
Post a Comment