Things have been Crazy around here!! We packed up all of our junk and moved about 4 miles across the river into the heart of downtown. I have a bunch of pictures and a lot to cover. But for tonight I will just cover moving day.
Through many hours of painstaking research and statistical modeling, I have derived the following equation:
Moving = not fun.
This equation is very accurate.
And so the pile grows. Our pile of junk outgrew our living space just in time. For the week before moving we would say to each other "Hey where is the (fill in blank)?" The other would say, "It's in a box." Then we would figure out how to live without it. No toast this week, the toaster is in a box. No shower curtain, try not to spill water all over the floor. No bathmat, soap, towels or shampoo either? Use dish sponge and laundry soap to wash yourself off in the kitchen sink. Okay, that didn't actually happen. But you get it.
My sister was coincidentally in town the weekend of the move. It was unfortunate timing for her. We made the most out of it. On Friday morning, Mirav had to work so Amanda and I went to a giant yarn store.
Yarn anyone?
This was the morning after the parking fiasco. Our car was being held captive by the evil parking machine and his sidekick Open Door Girl. Since Mirav had no car, she had to take a cab to work. How far away does Mirav work you ask? 18 miles. How much does an 18 mile cab ride cost you ask? $50. Yes, 50 american dollars to get Mirav to work. Getting her home was a whole other story.
We picked her up in this. This is a rental car. This is how my day went. The apartment rented us a car for the day so I could go get Mirav. So I used it to go get some beer too.
Cheers to boxes and trapped cars!
Not much went down Friday night since we had to get up early Saturday to get ready for the movers.
Tami and Pickles were playing. Tami is making crazy face.
I'm Free!!! We finally got the Tucson out of captivity on Friday night. Mirav parked it in the middle of two spots to save room for our moving truck.
The rest of the day was a little hazy. I took some pictures to give a time lapse effect of how it went.
Empty apartment. Time to start a new chapter. I will update soon with the rest of the move and pictures of our new place and some other fun stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment