The last post covered Thursday and Friday of our trip. I'm going to try to cover the rest of the trip before I start to block out how hot it was.
Saturday morning was Mirav's bridal shower. I was not invited to the shower, so Mirav gave my camera to Felicia. I would like to present a few gems for you.
Mirav, opening a bag or box, maybe just holding a towel
Another person, possibly female, helping Mirav open a box
A close up of Mirav quickly building an igloo
The deck of the titanic, viewed through the lens of a deep sea diving drone. Majestic.
A dog
Thank you all for sharing those special bridal shower memories with me. A special thanks to Felicia for capturing these wonderful photos. All those photography classes really paid off.
That was fun, let's go taste some cake
I always thought cake tasting was going to be very exciting. I imagined myself in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory under a waterfall of chocolate eating all the cake I wanted in every imaginable flavor. In reality, they gave us four little pieces of cake, then we ate them and left. I wish I could say it was better than that.
After cake tasting, we headed over to Scottsdale for Gil's surprise 65th birthday party. This is a bowl full of M&M's with Gil's face on them. I found them to be hilarious.
The Birthday boy being surprised.
The place had the best mojitos
I love this picture of Mirav and Amanda Kaye. I don't know what was said or who said it, but it must have been scandalous.
Brian and Marty Kaye thought something was funny.
We both forgave Felicia for taking those bridal shower pictures. If was a fun party. Happy Birthday Gil!
The next morning we had brunch at Mirav's Grandpa's house. Mirav's mom brought in this giant metal magnetic picture frame and said we should make 100 of them as wedding favors. It's tough to appreciate the mood in the room unless you were there. Jill didn't understand what was funny about it.
Uncle Andy couldn't stop laughing
Neither could Mirav
Alex put a flower in his hair
Mirav and Avi making the same face
This is our rental car. It was a horrible, tiny car and it didn't even get good gas mileage.
After brunch we headed out for some beer tasting. We went to SanTan brewery across the street from our wedding venue. I thought having a local place do the beer would be fun.
I think Avi was yawning or possible singing. Lots of pictures of people making funny faces from this trip
I took a bunch of pictures of Emily eating and she was giving me a dirty look
I have become a beer snob since we moved up to Portland. You can't go anywhere without finding a micro brewery. So I decided to have some fun beers at the wedding. We got a flight of beers to try all their styles. Overall the beer was just okay. I was hoping to be more impressed. They had 7 beers and everyone else absolutely hated 4 of them. One was boring and the other two were mediocre in my opinion. The quest for good wedding beers continues.
After beer tasting, we headed over to my parents house to celebrate my Dad's retirement. This is my dad reading his retirement cards. It was a very low key celebration. We just went to Olive Garden for some never ending pasta bowl. My pasta bowl ended very quickly.
Editors Note: Sometime between beer and pasta I got food poisoning. It lasted from Sunday night until I got up for work on Tuesday. The rest of the trip was not so good for me. You will notice a lack of photos.
First thing Monday morning we went down to the courthouse to get our marriage license. Very glamorous, I know. I can see why people choose to get married here.
Contained in this envelope is the document we will sign to become legally married. Mirav asked why we only have pictures of her being weird.
So I got one too
After the marriage license, we grabbed a quick lunch with my parents and headed to the airport.
The guy who sat next to me was not slim. He was asleep most of the flight and clearly encroaching on my side of the armrest.
The guy in front of Mirav was doing a little encroaching of his own. We're being invaded on all fronts!
The guy next to me woke up with enough time to eat his cheez-its. This bag of cheez-its was his only carry-on. At least he has his priorities straight. Giant elbows, check. Cheezy snacks, check. Awesome beard, double check!
We hopped the light rail back home and I crashed. It was an exhausting trip. It's very good to be home
No comments:
Post a Comment