I got home from work let today and Mirav was still out celebrating her friend Lindsey's birthday. The dogs needed to go out for a walk. We were taking a nice stroll around the block. Pickles stepped out into some grass then winced in pain and started hopping around. I couldn't figure out what happened but I could tell she was in pain. W were a few block from home, so I scooped her up and carried her home. Tami helped out the cause by trying to attack the small child we walked passed.
We got home and she still wouldn't put any weight on it. So I called Mirav and she came right home. We drove to the vet. We got into the exam room and while we were waiting for the vet Pickles finally let me look at her foot. Sure enough there was something in there. I pointed to it and Mirav pulled it out. It was a little bee stinger stuck right in her little foot. The doctor came in and we showed him the stinger. He said in the 14 years he's been a vet it's the first time he's had someone find the stinger in the exam room. He congratulated us and didn't charge us for the exam. HE said there was nothing to worry about, we just have to keep an eye on her.
She was doing a little better once we got her home, but you can see how sad she still looked. We gave her a benadryl and she finally laid down to relax.
After the Pickles vs the Angry Bee saga finally ended, I made us some pasta and spicy sauce with turkey kielbasa. It was delicious.
Mirav was hard at work building thank you cards. They turned out great!
Pickles was a little groggy from a combination of bee toxin and benadryl. She just came in to see what I was doing. She's looking a lot better. She's had a big day.
No comments:
Post a Comment