Sunday, May 8, 2011

Farmers Market

It has been so nice in Portland the past week. No rain, moderate temperatures. But I have had to work. So when Saturday finally rolled around, Mirav and I decided to go out and do something fun. Tami was in need of a haircut, so we decided to drop him off and take Pickles to the farmers market, then for a walk around downtown. 

Pickles was noticeably excited about the idea of a long walk downtown. 

As you can see, our nice weather had started to let up that morning. We got a little rain, but nothing serious. Dogs are not allowed into the farmers market. I guess a dog tripped an only lady and sent her to the hospital last year, so they put an end to that. I stayed outside and Mirav went in to get us some breakfast. I walked around Portland State campus to see if there was anything fun. 

I saw a moving van with an actual dog on the dashboard.

This is a shot of the soccer field with the start of Washington Park in the background. There were some girls practicing and the coach gave me a look like he thought I was a perv taking pictures of girls. Pickles and I did not appreciate the insinuation. 

For a brief moment, it seemed like the sun was going to break through and clouds and it was going to be a nice day. 

We stopped in downtown for some coffee. Pickles sat patiently on her bench. 

We finally made it down to Waterfront Park. Just in time for the clouds to roll in. 

This wedding party was out taking pictures. Their photo session lasted about 3 minutes before it started to pour. The bridesmaids were using their bouquets as umbrellas. 

We made it across the street to a little alcove and Mirav said "We should wait here." I said "For it to start raining harder?" Mirav laughed, then it started raining harder. So we kept walking anyway. At this point we were about a mile from our car, the camera strap was strangling me and Pickles looked like an wet mop. Eventually, we made it back to the car and back home. Not exactly the adventure we were hoping for. The more I write on this blog, the more I realize that things rarely work out the way they should for us. 

We had a post Cinco De Mayo party to go to Saturday night and Mirav promised some people Challah. As you can see, she is quickly becoming a pro. She made three very professional looking loaves

Tami before haircut

Tami after haircut

No comments:

Post a Comment