Because I am their favorite child, my parents made the trip up to the frigid north for a long weekend to visit. We had some fun stuff planned, then it rained. So instead we did wet cold stuff.
Disclaimer: Half of our pictures are on my dad's camera. Possibly more pictures to come
My parents got in Friday night. But we are mean lazy children, so we made my parents take the train to their hotel. We didn't see them until Saturday morning. We had breakfast at a little place by our house called Jam. My mom was very excited about the Lemon Ricotta pancakes. My dad got a sausage "link" which turned out to be half a blackened kielbasa. Oregon is weird. I'm just surprised it was meat.
My parents, trying to figure out why there was water falling from the sky. Where is the sun?!
Editors note: They put all leftovers in Asian takeout containers here. Even pancakes
It's 10:30am on a Saturday, time to drink some beer. We went to a local brewpub for a tour.
This is Jamie, our brew master. He LOVES brewing beer. He gave a great tour. We are all nerds, so this stuff was right up our alley.
That night we got home to find this package. Mirav called it the "Franken-box."
It was crudely constructed of pigs in a blanket and oatmeal boxes. Then covered in Reindeer wrapping paper and an entire roll of packing tape. It took Mirav 20 minutes to open it. Inside was an SLR camera from Mirav's Uncle Andy and Aunt Darlene. Once Mirav figures out how to use it, expect some better pictures on here.
Sunday morning we ate at Mother's Bistro. They had funny mugs, and good food, and little kids that couldn't sit still or shut up.
My parents braving the rain storm
After breakfast, we went to OMSI, our local science museum. I met a frog, a smug frog.
According to one of their exhibits, this is what I will look like as an old person. I will still have the same haircut though, so that's good news. I got pictures of my Mom's and Mirav's, but they both insisted I not post theirs. They didn't look as handsome as me, jealous much?
It stopped raining for the first time in the history of Oregon, so we went outside. We're standing under the I-5 bridge on the Willamette River.
I had my ducks in a row, literally
Like I said, there are more pictures, cool pictures. But I don't have them. I will soon obtain them and update.
No comments:
Post a Comment