Sunday, September 19, 2010

We're Engaged!!!


We have been together for quite some time now and finally decided to make it a bit more official. I met with Mirav's mom and dad for lunch  to get their blessing and then her mom and I went ring shopping. The ring shopping was a rather daunting escapade in itself. Thank you Jill for helping, you were a life saver! We shopped for the ring Saturday, picked it out Monday, picked it up Tuesday and Wednesday we were on a place to Portland. We were house hunting and I was hoping to find a place to live Thursday or Friday so I could pop the question on Saturday. We found the apartment on Friday, so everything was falling into place.
Saturday morning we went to the local farmers market at Portland State University. It was huge! So many people. There was fresh local fruits and vegetables, bread, cheese and flowers. We picked up some stuff to have a little picnic in the park. 

We could not pass up these strawberries. They were amazing. Once we had our produce, bread and cheese, we made our way over to Washington park where they have a world renowned rose garden and japanese garden. We opted for the rose garden to have our little picnic lunch. 
We found a bench in the middle of the garden and started eating. I snapped this photo right before I popped the question. I wanted her to remember how happy she looked before she threw her life away with me. I had been carrying the ring around in my backpack for three days in a huge ring box. I was so happy to stop hiding it from her. Mirav can describe it better than I can. Needless to say, I got down on one knee and asked and she said yes. It's official!
We found a passerby to snap a picture of us right afterward. You can see a little bit of the garden in the background.
We spent some time walking around in the rose garden enjoying our new engagement, calling each other fiance for the first time. It was a perfect day.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment